How do I create fresh content continuously? What do I talk about?
It can be challenging to think of new ideas to keep your website updated with fresh content. If you have already read the articles on why fresh website content is important and how to get to the top of the search engine page you may be feeling pressured and then your mind draws a blank. Ouch!
Here’s a list of ideas that originally came out of the fresh website content post. Hopefully one or more will jump start your writing. Check back because the list is growing…
Ideas for fresh website content
Businesses and non-profits have different goals so there will be two lists. However, reading each list could be helpful, you never know how the creative spark will strike when reading.
- Introduce new products or services
- Re-introduce a product/service; discuss product improvements
- Give a case study on how your product/service solved a problem
- How to or DIY articles
- Industry trends and news
- Upcoming events: trade show, home show, local farmers market, car show
- Create a videos: how-to; product improvement
- Customer testimonials
- Special offers
- Company awards or recognition in the industry or local community
- Employee recognition; new hires; retiring employees
- Reviews comparing similar products
Churches and non-profit groups may not list a new product however there are still subjects to discuss and write about:
- Introduce new volunteers or celebrate anniversaries
- What is the latest news in your organization?
- Milestones reached/or setting of new goals and why
- Upcoming events
- Fundraiser -this could be different than an event
- Story from volunteer’s perspective
- As a non-profit tell stories of the impact that’s being made (ie, from recipients story in their own words)
If you have a blog and want to keep your website current there are days when a blank sheet of paper or white screen may feel like the kiss of death, don’t despair. Choose a topic and start writing! If you need assistance updating your website with content or coming up with ideas, contact Silver Cricket Designs and we’ll setup a consultation.